LMA – Le Monde Analogue
By this project, we want to promote a concept where photographers come together with street artists and create art in front of the people in a live event. The theme is dedicated to street photography and to everyday life in the streets of European cities. We held our first performance and exhibition in Berlin, the city that is a home for many artists and where art is present in the streets. This year we are moving to Porto, Portugal.
(photo ©Mariano Federico Laguzzi)
LMA invites photographers to submit their work
We are looking for submissions from all photographers who are interested in film photography and this particular subject. Only selected images will be presented at the event/exhibition.
December 15, 2021
All entrants will be notified 7 – 10 days after the deadline
Submission rules and guidelines
- There is no entry fee for submissions.
- We accept only single entries, however multiple single entries are possible.
- This call for entries is competitive; entrants are not guaranteed inclusion in the exhibition by submitting an entry. Depending on the number and the quality of the entries received, the work of an entrant may or may not be curated into the show. The selection of the jury is final.
- There are two ways to submit your work:
- Via Instagram with the hashtag #lmaporto
- Via Facebook by posting your work to our page Le Monde Analogue using the hashtag #lmaporto
- All photographers 18 years or older worldwide may enter the competition by submitting their own, original work.
- LMA welcomes submissions from, and exhibits work from both emerging and established photographers.
- By entering, entrants automatically accept the conditions of the competition; they grant LMA non-exclusive right to use and reproduce submitted photographs (with the name of the photographer and the title of the work indicated) for promotional (e.g.: website and Facebook page of the LMA, catalogue) and exhibition purposes. No royalties or compensation will be paid for these purposes. The photographer retains all copyrights and ownership of the works. Entrants assume and accept all legal and financial responsibility for any infringement on the privacy rights or copyright of others, caused by creating or presenting their work in public. LMA retains the right to exclude from the competition entries that violate the conditions of the competition and ones that violate any human or privacy rights.
When your work is selected for the exhibition
- Entrants selected for the exhibition will be asked to provide a high-resolution TIFF (or JPEG) file for us to have their photograph printed onto canvas and will be asked to cover the participation fee of 18 Euro.
- Selected entrants will be asked to agree that an intervention of a street artist is made on the prints of their photographs. In this way, a new unique artwork will be created, having two authors who will both be credited for the final artwork.
- The final artwork will remain the property of LMA. LMA retains the right to sell the final artwork with the purpose of sustainability of the project and for the organization of the next event. However, the final artwork will first be offered for purchase to the authors themselves.
- LMA will archive all photography exhibitions electronically, allowing us to promote our exhibiting photographers to curators, collectors as well as the viewing public. Our website also functions as a virtual gallery site, and all photographs included in our exhibitions will be published on the dedicated page of the exhibition.